Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Genesis 9-10

In the beginning of chapter 9 we see that noah had just been let off of the ark after the water had receded enough for him to exit. The first thing that is recorded that God does, is make a covenant with Noah. In this covenant God gives Noah what is known as the dominion mandate (power over plants, animals, and the earth itself) to many, and also a promise that God will never destroy every living creature on earth again. To symbolize this covenant with Noah God creates a rainbow so that every time it rains He will be reminded of His promise.

The Rainbow set as the symbol of the Covenant ...
Image via Wikipedia
Now before you read what I am about to say, understand this. I am very much a believer in every one being entitled to free will, and being able to do what they love and enjoy. However, I do not personally believe that God created us to be with a person of the same gender. I know, I know, of course the topic of homo-sexuality had to come up; but I feel that it is a topic that needs to be addressed. I have absolutely no preconceived notions, nor any hatred, resentment, or any negative feelings about people that profess to be gay, obviously other than the fact of there sexual desires/relationships/whatever. I think that God gave each and everyone of us the choice to choose between this sinful lust that some fall into. What this has to relate with Genesis 9 is the matter that the rainbow has been turned into a sign that in this modern age symbolizes homo-sexuality amongst us. In my opinion it is kind of like a, "face-palm" if you will; that we have turned such a sign of beauty, and elegance into something so intricately intertwined with sin. That's just the way that my mind, having gone through the experiences in life that I have has determined in my opinion on the subject. Feel free to have your own and of course delegate from mine because if you didn't life would be extremely dull.

Chapter 10

As it turns out, just a long family tree. Important none the less. Just not to me. Maybe, but in no way that I see at the moment. :/

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment